The Baltimore Ravens have selected Iowa defensive tackle Carl Davis with the 90th pick in the 2015 NFL Draft. Ozzie Newsome is having himself another terrific draft this year, watching another terrific prospect just fall into his lap.
More from Baltimore Ravens
- Baltimore Ravens: Will this be Breshad Perriman’s last game as a Raven?
- Baltimore Ravens: Why RG3 Will Not Make the Ravens’ 53-Man Roster
- Baltimore Ravens have to make a decision on resting key offensive players
- Baltimore Ravens Cornerback Situation With Jimmy Smith Likely Suspended
- Top 5 Baltimore Ravens to Get on Your Fantasy Football Team
It is a terrific pick at this point in the draft as some scouts had rated Davis as high as a late first-round talent. The six-foot-five and 320 pound will not be forced into action with Brandon Williams and Timmy Jernigan taking most of the snaps. Davis’ frame allows him to eat out blockers, but also has the strength and speed to rush the passer. Reminds me a lot of another former Raven, Tony Siragusa.
Baltimore now has six picks remaining in the final four rounds which begins tomorrow at noon. They traded the 158th pick in part of the deal to move up to acquire new tight end Maxx Williams. The Ravens first pick is at No. 122 and they have two more picks in the fourth. They also have two picks in the fifth round and one in the sixth.
Stay with us at The Baltimore Wire for ongoing coverage of the draft.
More from The Baltimore Wire
- What other Baltimore Orioles Offseason Storylines will you be interested in seeing?
- Baltimore Orioles to Face Numerous Playoff Contenders Down the Stretch
- Baltimore Orioles Showing Encouraging Signs During Recent Wins
- The Baltimore Orioles and the Expanded September Roster
- Maryland Football: Terps honor Jordan McNair, beat Longhorns 34-29