Ravens Rush Offense vs. 49ers Rush Defense
Oct 11, 2015; Baltimore, MD, USA; Baltimore Ravens running back Javorius Allen (37) runs against the Cleveland Browns at M&T Bank Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Mitch Stringer-USA TODAY Sports
San Fransisco’s calling card over the past few seasons has been the play of their defense, most notable the front seven. While many of the big names are gone – Patrick Willis and Justin Smith – the Niners still have some stout run defenders in Navarro Bowman and Ahmad Brooks.
The Ravens are in a world of hurt right now as Justin Forsett has missed practice with an ankle injury he suffered against the Browns. Javorius Allen is the backup running back on the roster now that the Ravens placed Lorenzo Taliaferro on season-ending injured reserve. As it stands right now, Allen and Raheem Mostert, who the Ravens picked up for the injured Taliaferro from the Miami Dolphins, are the only two healthy backs on the roster.
The Ravens offense is predicated around their running game. If Forsett is unable to suit up, this is a big opportunity for Allen to make a statement going forward. There were many who thought that Baltimore drafted Allen with the future in mind, and the Ravens are going to need him to perform to get the win on Sunday.
More from The Baltimore Wire
- What other Baltimore Orioles Offseason Storylines will you be interested in seeing?
- Baltimore Orioles to Face Numerous Playoff Contenders Down the Stretch
- Baltimore Orioles Showing Encouraging Signs During Recent Wins
- The Baltimore Orioles and the Expanded September Roster
- Maryland Football: Terps honor Jordan McNair, beat Longhorns 34-29