Flacco Failed to Finish
Sep 20, 2015; Oakland, CA, USA; Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco (5) gestures against the Oakland Raiders at O.co Coliseum. Mandatory Credit: Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
For the second game in a row, Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco threw an interception on the final offensive possession. In both situations, Baltimore had an opportunity to drive down and win the game, but the window closed faster than they had hoped.
Ever since the Ravens won that Super Bowl back in 2012, there have been an abundance of opinions on whether or not Flacco is an “elite” quarterback. Well, the answer to that question has to be a resounding “No.”
No offense, but going up against that Raiders defense, an elite quarterback gets the job done. We’ll give him a pass for Week 1, but that’s about it. Yes, Flacco has put together plenty game-winning drives, but this is not the History Channel. The only thing people care about is what you have done lately.
Simple and plain, Flacco has to be better. He cannot fold under pressure in the big moments. Granted, he doesn’t have all of his weapons at his disposal, but the greats more often than not, find a way. This is Flacco’s team and he needs to start playing like it.
More from The Baltimore Wire
- What other Baltimore Orioles Offseason Storylines will you be interested in seeing?
- Baltimore Orioles to Face Numerous Playoff Contenders Down the Stretch
- Baltimore Orioles Showing Encouraging Signs During Recent Wins
- The Baltimore Orioles and the Expanded September Roster
- Maryland Football: Terps honor Jordan McNair, beat Longhorns 34-29