Dec 7, 2014; Miami Gardens, FL, USA; Baltimore Ravens inside linebacker C.J. Mosley (left) and inside linebacker Daryl Smith (right) on the bench during the second half against the Miami Dolphins at Sun Life Stadium. Ravens won 28-13. Mandatory Credit: Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports
The Ravens second-round pick in the 2013 draft is in a tough situation as the team is loaded with talent at the inside linebacker position. Baltimore has two fantastic starters in Daryl Smith and C.J. Mosley. Albert McClellan and Zach Orr are terrific special teams players. That leaves Brown as the fifth linebacker and puts him on the proverbial bubble.
Brown played in 14 games his rookie season, but only in four last season, recording zero tackles. He has looked better through three preseason games, playing with both the first and second-team. Brown leads the team in tackles this preseason with 17 and also has a sack to his credit.
It is encouraging for Brown that John Harbaugh was full of praise about the linebacker earlier this week, but he also said, “Nothing’s written in stone.” In our 53-man roster prediction, Brown makes the cut. The reason why Brown stays on board is because the Ravens are not willing to give up on the 56th pick a few seasons ago just yet.
Next: Will this WR Catch on with Ravens?
More from The Baltimore Wire
- What other Baltimore Orioles Offseason Storylines will you be interested in seeing?
- Baltimore Orioles to Face Numerous Playoff Contenders Down the Stretch
- Baltimore Orioles Showing Encouraging Signs During Recent Wins
- The Baltimore Orioles and the Expanded September Roster
- Maryland Football: Terps honor Jordan McNair, beat Longhorns 34-29