Jan 1, 2015; New Orleans, LA, USA; Alabama Crimson Tide defensive back Nick Perry (27) against the Ohio State Buckeyes in the 2015 Sugar Bowl at Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Mandatory Credit: Derick E. Hingle-USA TODAY Sports
Nick Perry has been one of the few names mentioned as an undrafted free agent who could make the Ravens 53-man roster this upcoming season. The unfortunate injury to Matt Elam has probably helped Perry’s cause to gain a spot on the roster. Perry has definitely made some big plays in training camp, which have caught Ravens coaches attention.
Perry has proven to be a playmaker in the secondary in college, which is an aspect that the Ravens have lacked in past years. I don’t see a way for Perry to unseat Kendrick Lewis for the starting free safety spot, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him on the field when the regular season rolls along. I think he has a legitimate shot to make the roster and will add secondary depth that the Ravens clearly lacked last season.
More from Baltimore Ravens
- Baltimore Ravens: Will this be Breshad Perriman’s last game as a Raven?
- Baltimore Ravens: Why RG3 Will Not Make the Ravens’ 53-Man Roster
- Baltimore Ravens have to make a decision on resting key offensive players
- Baltimore Ravens Cornerback Situation With Jimmy Smith Likely Suspended
- Top 5 Baltimore Ravens to Get on Your Fantasy Football Team