The Baltimore Ravens have selected Kentucky defensive end/linebacker Za’Darius Smith with pick No. 122 in the 2015 NFL Draft.
More from Baltimore Ravens
- Baltimore Ravens: Will this be Breshad Perriman’s last game as a Raven?
- Baltimore Ravens: Why RG3 Will Not Make the Ravens’ 53-Man Roster
- Baltimore Ravens have to make a decision on resting key offensive players
- Baltimore Ravens Cornerback Situation With Jimmy Smith Likely Suspended
- Top 5 Baltimore Ravens to Get on Your Fantasy Football Team
Smith was lined up opposite of Steelers first-round pick Bud Dupree at defensive end. Smith played two years of JUCO football at East Mississippi Community College before transitioning to the SEC. He’s big and strong at the point of attack, and instantly proved that he belonged in the SEC in 2013, recording 59 tackles with 6.5 tackles for loss and six sacks.
He did not begin playing football until his senior season of high school, focusing primarily on basketball until then. He has all the traits of a NFL defensive end, just needs the experience to develop into the player he could become. Smith will likely fill the void left with Pernell McPhee leaving for the Chicago Bears in free agency.
The Ravens now have five picks remaining in the final rounds and two more picks in the fourth at No. 125 and the 136th pick. They also have two picks in the fifth round and one in the sixth.
Stay with us at The Baltimore Wire for ongoing coverage of the draft.
More from The Baltimore Wire
- What other Baltimore Orioles Offseason Storylines will you be interested in seeing?
- Baltimore Orioles to Face Numerous Playoff Contenders Down the Stretch
- Baltimore Orioles Showing Encouraging Signs During Recent Wins
- The Baltimore Orioles and the Expanded September Roster
- Maryland Football: Terps honor Jordan McNair, beat Longhorns 34-29