3. Ravens Defense
Each NFL season, you can find the Baltimore Ravens defense ranked among the top fantasy football defensive and special team options.
As of late, the Ravens defense has finished in the top-10 statistically three times over the past four seasons and expect the dominance to continue as Don Martindale takes over as the Ravens new defensive coordinator.
More from The Baltimore Wire
- What other Baltimore Orioles Offseason Storylines will you be interested in seeing?
- Baltimore Orioles to Face Numerous Playoff Contenders Down the Stretch
- Baltimore Orioles Showing Encouraging Signs During Recent Wins
- The Baltimore Orioles and the Expanded September Roster
- Maryland Football: Terps honor Jordan McNair, beat Longhorns 34-29
Led by longtime Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs, middle linebacker C.J. Mosely and cornerback Brandon Carr, the Ravens finished at No. 3 in the NFL for total defense with allowing just 223 total yards per game. The Ravens passing defense was phenomenal as well in 2017 by allowing just 130 passing yards per game, which was fourth best in the NFL.
The list keeps going as the Ravens defense led the NFL with 22 total interceptions making them again a valuable defensive option in your fantasy football draft.
ESPN.com’s 2018 Fantasy Football Rankings ranks the Ravens defense at No. 5 and No. 174 overall. As always, DST picks in fantasy football drafts come in the last couple of rounds but with the potent Baltimore defense looking to improve off last year’s stellar performance, you might want to keep a close eye on them throughout the draft.