2. Orioles bullpen continues collapse
With Alec Asher back in the bullpen, that helps put three guys that Buck trusts, and two guys in Asher and Givens that can go multiple innings.
Richard Bleier has been good and is another worthwhile option.
After that, it is Miguel Castro, Gabriel Ynoa, and Vidal Nuno. Castro has been decent, with a 2.45 ERA in five appearances covering 7.1 innings. However, over the last seven days, he has a 4.15 ERA in three games over 4.1 innings.
Ynoa has struggled since being called back up, going one start and 1.1 innings and allowing five runs on four hits, and three earned runs and three home runs.
Nuno, on the other hand, has been terrible all season long. In his recent performances (last seven days) he has a 13.50 ERA in two appearances covering two innings, allowing three earned runs on two home runs and two walks. Overall he has a 7.71 ERA in 11 appearances covering 14 innings.
More from The Baltimore Wire
- What other Baltimore Orioles Offseason Storylines will you be interested in seeing?
- Baltimore Orioles to Face Numerous Playoff Contenders Down the Stretch
- Baltimore Orioles Showing Encouraging Signs During Recent Wins
- The Baltimore Orioles and the Expanded September Roster
- Maryland Football: Terps honor Jordan McNair, beat Longhorns 34-29
However, putting a healthy Britton and O’Day with Brach, Givens, Asher, Bleier and a long reliever will make all Oriole fans feel much better about the bullpen.