NBA playoffs Game 1 of the Atlanta Hawks and Washington Wizards Eastern Conference first-round NBA playoff series generated several awe-inspiring moments as the Wizards take a 1-0 series lead.
Washington Wizards‘ John Wall was remarkable in the Wizards’ Game 1 114-107 victory over the Atlanta Hawks, leading the Wizards to an early 1-0 series lead as the 2017 NBA playoffs are in full swing. Backed by a new playoff career-best 32 points, along with 14 dimes, Wall steered the Wizards back from a halftime deficit to a 13 point third quarter lead.
Wall’s riveting performance Sunday afternoon generated several extraordinary moments in front of a sellout crowd at Verizon Center, but he wasn’t the only Wizards player creating swoon-worthy moments from Game 1. Wizards power forward Markieff Morris connected with Wall on a colossal alley-oop dunk that ignited the Verizon Center crowd. Morris also added 21 points and seven rebounds in his NBA playoff debut.
The series now goes into a brief hiatus before resuming Wednesday for Game 2 at Verizon Center. With that being said, let’s relive the top five moments from the Wizards’ defying Game 1 victory.
5. Morris ignites crowd after explosive slam
4. Marcin Gortat with the masterful alley-oop dunk from assist expert Wall
3. The Polish Hammer with the authoritative one-handed slam
2. Wall generated a surplus of exceptional moments, especially his 15 points in the third quarter
1. Wall dishes 10th assist on a jaw-dropping alley-oop dunk to Morris
Make sure to grab your tickets to Game 2 of the East first-round series on April 19 at 7:00 p.m. ET.