Oct 4, 2015; Denver, CO, USA; Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Stefon Diggs (14) catches a pass against Denver Broncos cornerback Bradley Roby (29) during the first half at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Mandatory Credit: Chris Humphreys-USA TODAY Sports
Seeing Stefon Diggs in the NFL is a source of pride for both Maryland Terrapins fans and Marylanders alike. He’s not just in the NFL. He’s playing. He made some dazzling plays in his Minnesota Vikings’ regular season debut against the Denver Broncos.
The Good Counsel and University of Maryland product caught six passes on Sunday for a team-high 87 yards. Diggs’ biggest highlight of the game was when he shook Pro Bowl cornerback Aqib Talib out of his shoes and nabbed a 25-yard reception on the sideline.
Some people may see “fifth-rounder” next to Diggs’ name, but he is no typical 5th-rounder. He was a highly-touted recruit coming out of high school. He battled injuries throughout his career at Maryland, which is the likely reason why he slipped so far in the draft. It certainly wasn’t because of his talent.
Diggs saw plenty of action today due to injuries the Vikings had at wideout. After his play in Denver, he is sure to get a whole lot more. I like what I saw and you can bet the Vikings’ coaching staff liked what they saw as well.
More from The Baltimore Wire
- What other Baltimore Orioles Offseason Storylines will you be interested in seeing?
- Baltimore Orioles to Face Numerous Playoff Contenders Down the Stretch
- Baltimore Orioles Showing Encouraging Signs During Recent Wins
- The Baltimore Orioles and the Expanded September Roster
- Maryland Football: Terps honor Jordan McNair, beat Longhorns 34-29