Sep 13, 2015; Denver, CO, USA; Baltimore Ravens running back Justin Forsett (29) is tackled by Denver Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib (21) during the first half at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Mandatory Credit: Chris Humphreys-USA TODAY Sports
Can the Ravens Establish a Running Game?
Justin Forsett was not able to get anything going in the opener, rushing for 43 yards on 14 carries. Rookie Buck Allen did not fare much better he as carried the ball nine times for 30 yards. The 3.2 yards per carry was a rather disappointing number considering the Ravens success on the ground last season.
The Raiders defense will be looking for a better performance this week after getting ran over in Week One. Oakland gave up 127 yards rushing, with Bengals RB Jeremy Hill racking up 63 yards and two touchdowns in the contest.
Something has to give, and Baltimore is hopeful that Forsett can get things going this week. Lorenzo Taliaferro has been practicing and could return, which would be a huge addition for the Ravens backfield.
Next: The Battle Outside the Numbers
More from The Baltimore Wire
- What other Baltimore Orioles Offseason Storylines will you be interested in seeing?
- Baltimore Orioles to Face Numerous Playoff Contenders Down the Stretch
- Baltimore Orioles Showing Encouraging Signs During Recent Wins
- The Baltimore Orioles and the Expanded September Roster
- Maryland Football: Terps honor Jordan McNair, beat Longhorns 34-29