Aug 29, 2015; Tampa, FL, USA; Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel (2) prior to the game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Raymond James Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports
It’s almost here, folks. The 2015-16 NFL regular season is a little more than a week away. Here are some important news and notes for all of the AFC North teams outside of Charm City.
The Browns’ fourth-round pick and former Ohio State star quarterback are battling it out for a roster spot at the wide receiver position.
- Is Dwayne Bowe on the Browns’ roster bubble? (NBC Sports)
Cleveland signed Bowe to a two-year deal, with $9 million guaranteed, but the former Kansas City Chief has missed a good portion of training camp, causing some uncertainty about his status with the team.
It’s interesting that Gordon is chiming in on such topics instead of focusing on getting back on the field. Brady beat the system, which is something that Gordon failed to do.
The Bengals’ corner and the commissioner certainly have a past dating back to Jones’ tenure with the Titans. This just goes to show the lack of respect a lot of players have for Goodell.
This move came as a surprise. During his time with the Oakland Raiders, Moore appeared to be a player on the rise, but his release is not a very good sign for him.
Eh, this seems to be more wishful thinking than anything. Sure, the Bengals have talented players and should compete for a playoff spot, but to assume that they’re anywhere near Super Bowl caliber is far-fetched to say the least.
- Defensive Development Will Define Pittsburgh Steelers’ AFC Title Hopes (Bleacher Report)
Over the course of time, the Steelers have been known for their tenacious defense. With a slew of young talented players, this unit could be on its way to being dominant again.
- Pittsburgh Steelers face an uncertain start to the 2015 season (Behind the Steel Curtain)
Injuries and off-the-field concerns are starting to take a toll on the Steelers. I’m sure this music to the ears of Ravens fans.
The former Terps standout will play a key role in the Steelers offense this season, particularly in Weeks 1 through 4. Martavis Bryant is facing a suspension, so Heyward-Bey will definitely get his opportunities.
More from The Baltimore Wire
- What other Baltimore Orioles Offseason Storylines will you be interested in seeing?
- Baltimore Orioles to Face Numerous Playoff Contenders Down the Stretch
- Baltimore Orioles Showing Encouraging Signs During Recent Wins
- The Baltimore Orioles and the Expanded September Roster
- Maryland Football: Terps honor Jordan McNair, beat Longhorns 34-29