Sep 5, 2013; Denver, CO, USA; General view of a penalty flag on the field during the game between the Baltimore Ravens against the Denver Broncos at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Mandatory Credit: Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports
The biggest problem the last time out was the inexcusable number of penalties called against them. The calls weren’t limited to just one side of the ball. The offense could never get anything started and the defense failed to get off the field.
The makeshift offensive line committed numerous penalties after being hit with injuries. The defense had their fair share of flags thrown, regardless of what you think about Terrell Suggs hit on Sam Bradford. He had two other costly penalties on that same drive.
Baltimore also committed several turnovers, including two interceptions by Joe Flacco that led to scoring drives for the Eagles. Both picks came off overthrown balls and led to points. Flacco and the offense must take better care of the ball.
Then, there was the abnormal amount of misplays throughout the game. The special teams allowed a touchdown. Players lined up out of position. There were too many gaffes on offense and defense for a highly respected football team. Washington isn’t the most talented team, but any team can capitalize on mistakes.
Next: The Battle in the Trenches
More from The Baltimore Wire
- What other Baltimore Orioles Offseason Storylines will you be interested in seeing?
- Baltimore Orioles to Face Numerous Playoff Contenders Down the Stretch
- Baltimore Orioles Showing Encouraging Signs During Recent Wins
- The Baltimore Orioles and the Expanded September Roster
- Maryland Football: Terps honor Jordan McNair, beat Longhorns 34-29