The Baltimore Orioles have been squandering as of late, but still find themselves just a few games back from a wild card spot. Meanwhile, the Baltimore Ravens and Maryland Terrapins football seasons are set to get underway. It is an exciting time in Baltimore, and those of us at The Baltimore Wire are working our tails off to keep you up to speed on everything. The great news is we are not alone as a member of the FanSided family. Let’s take a look at some of the other Baltimore sports news around the FanSided Network.
– Mike Travers, Birds Watcher
The Orioles have had a serious problem getting production out of their corner outfielders, and many have been clamoring for outfield prospect Dariel Alvarez to be given a look. Alvarez is hitting for power and has a decent average, but has walked at just a 3.08 percent in the minor leagues and a on base percentage worse than that of Travis Snider and Nolan Reimold.
– Brett Foote, Ebony Bird
The Baltimore Ravens are coming off a season in which they broke all sorts of franchise numbers on offense. Could Flacco break those numbers again in 2015? With Marc Trestman now running the offense, Joe Cool could obliterate his passing numbers from a year ago.
– Chris Bengel, Terrapin Station
When the Bullis School quarterback chose the University of Maryland over other elite programs, he vowed to bring more high-level prospects to the Terps with him. He wants College Park to be like Miami was in the 80s, and the future quarterback has taken it upon himself to keep “The Movement” going.
– Brad Kelly, Fantasy Baseball Crackerjacks
Read the entire headline twice before freaking out. Fantasy Baseball Crackerjacks, FanSided’s home for fantasy baseball advice and analysis, writes if you are looking for a powerful middle infielder, Schoop could be an option if he’s available in your league.
More from The Baltimore Wire
- What other Baltimore Orioles Offseason Storylines will you be interested in seeing?
- Baltimore Orioles to Face Numerous Playoff Contenders Down the Stretch
- Baltimore Orioles Showing Encouraging Signs During Recent Wins
- The Baltimore Orioles and the Expanded September Roster
- Maryland Football: Terps honor Jordan McNair, beat Longhorns 34-29