Week 1: Denver Broncos – Sept. 13, 2015 (4:25 p.m.)
2014 Record: 12-4
Head-to-Head Record: 7-5
Last Meeting: Ravens 27 – Broncos 49 (Sept. 5, 2013)
The last meeting between these two teams was a controversial one as the Ravens were “awarded” a road trip to Denver following their Super Bowl win. The inability for the NFL, MLB, Baltimore Orioles and Ravens to come up with a resolution in the scheduling problems led to the defending champions being embarrassed on the opening night of the 2013 season.
It’s never an easy task to take down a team led by Peyton Manning, and the Ravens found out the hard way after he threw for seven touchdowns in that season opener. Manning became the sixth quarterback in NFL history to throw seven TD passes in a game, and the first since Joe Kapp for Minnesota against Baltimore on Sept. 28, 1969.
The Broncos and Ravens have built up a small rivalry over the recent years with frequent regular-season and playoff matchups, but it takes on a whole new meaning now that Gary Kubiak is now in Denver. Kubiak’s success in Baltimore led to the Broncos job, but at least for one day, the Ravens plan to make him regret leaving.
Next: Week 2
More from The Baltimore Wire
- What other Baltimore Orioles Offseason Storylines will you be interested in seeing?
- Baltimore Orioles to Face Numerous Playoff Contenders Down the Stretch
- Baltimore Orioles Showing Encouraging Signs During Recent Wins
- The Baltimore Orioles and the Expanded September Roster
- Maryland Football: Terps honor Jordan McNair, beat Longhorns 34-29