Week 17: Cincinnati Bengals – Jan. 3, 2015 (1 p.m.)
2014 Record: 10-5-1
Head-to-Head Record: 20-18
Last Meeting: Ravens 27 – Bengals 24 (Oct. 26, 2014)
The Ravens will close out the regular season at Cincinnati for the fourth time in five years, and this game has all the makings to be the deciding contest for the AFC North crown.
A lot like the home game, the Ravens defense’ couldn’t hold onto a late lead in Cincy in 2014. The Ravens fought back from an 11-point deficit by forcing two Andy Dalton turnovers in the fourth quarter and had a 24-20 lead with 3:59 to go.
Dalton responded with a 10-play, 80-yard drive, scoring on a 1-yard sneak with 57 seconds left. The win gave the Bengals their first sweep of the Ravens since 2009 and sole possession of first place in the AFC North after eight weeks.
If the Ravens hope to make the playoffs for the eleventh time in 16 seasons, they will most likely need this win. It won’t be an easy task, but the Ravens are certainly capable of making another trip to the postseason.
It is easy to speculate now, but we know how things will change as the season comes to fruition. If you want a prediction on the Ravens record, an 11-5 record with an AFC North title is certainly possible.
The Ravens are 143 days from the Sept. 13 matchup against the Broncos. To quote former Raven Bart Scott, “can’t wait.”
More from The Baltimore Wire
- What other Baltimore Orioles Offseason Storylines will you be interested in seeing?
- Baltimore Orioles to Face Numerous Playoff Contenders Down the Stretch
- Baltimore Orioles Showing Encouraging Signs During Recent Wins
- The Baltimore Orioles and the Expanded September Roster
- Maryland Football: Terps honor Jordan McNair, beat Longhorns 34-29